Precast concrete septic tanks have been the accepted standard for well over 40 years for a variety of reasons:
- Concrete tanks offer the best value by outperforming plastic in both installation and backfilling costs.
- Concrete tanks do not require precise hand backfilling with pea gravel while filling with water to equalize pressure.
- Concrete tanks do not lose their shape. Stick and stones will not puncture a concrete tank.
- Concrete tanks will not “float out” or “pop-up” from high ground water tables
- Concrete tanks are environmentally friendly. Precast septic tanks with their porous concrete walls create more heat in a tank by aiding the attachment of bacteria to the sidewalls of the tank and increasing bacterial growth in the tank. To a concrete septic tank owner, this means fewer freezing tanks and fields in Ontario’s harsh environment
- All tanks meet the Ontario Building Code and CSA Standard B 66-00
Caring for your Septic Tank: Download PDF
Installation Guidelines: Download PDF